Army Project Manager Northern, VA, (East)
Army Project Manager
NuWave Solutions is seeking an experienced Project Manager with Department of Defense Domain experience supporting software development initiatives to join our growing team. Specific experience in Army readiness and decision support is desired. The position will support a growing portfolio of Army Force Management applications and the team supporting the US Army’s efforts with this portfolio. The candidate will manage a cross-functional team to successful completion of project tasks.
- Minimum SECRET clearance
- 10 years of Project Management experience
- Extensive experience in managing Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) projects
- Experience interfacing with customers and managing fast-paced projects
- Experience with Agile Development
- Experience managing DoD projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing requirements within full lifecycle development efforts
- Experience using Software Development Lifecycle Management tools such as JIRA to manage requirements within waterfall, Agile, and/or hybrid software lifecycles
- Experience writing documentation that facilitates successful software development.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience managing communication with stakeholders
- 3-5 years prior Army Staff (e.g. HQDA) experience
- Army functional experience in the areas of personnel, equipment, training, installations, Force Generation, Global Force Management, and/or contingency planning.
- Completion of Intermediate Level Education (ILE)
- Army Command (ACOM) level experience
- Completion of Army Force Management School (AFMS) 4-week course strongly desired
- Functional Area 50 (Force Management) or Career Program 26 (Manpower and Force Management)
- Location – McLean, VA and Crystal City VA
- Travel Required (CONUS/OCONUS): Local
- If travel is required, how much? 5%
- Work Schedule (Shift etc.): Day Shift
- Authorization to work in US required
- 8570 Requirements: N/A
- NuWave Solutions is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Who We Are
NuWave is a leader in providing advanced technologies for Analytics and Data Management, and a passion for working with public sector customers and partners to enable innovative solutions for action through insight. NuWave’s unmatched technical expertise and dedication to teamwork and customer service enables them to help customers meet even the most complex business challenges and succeed on every engagement – with no exceptions and no excuses.