Senior Data Engineer/ETL Developer Remote/Northern, VA
Senior Data Engineer/ETL Developer
The ETL Developer will be responsible for the Data Lake design and ETL/ELT implementation. They will support and work with the technical lead/architect in producing quality deliverables on client engagements. The professional will need to perform various development activities with little oversight in order to implement a Data Lake solution to support customer reporting needs.
- Active SECRET clearance preferred; Clearable US Citizen with NAIC (National background check) may also apply
- Bachelors Degree in computer science preferred
- 10+ years in Database Development, Design, Data Engineering, and Data Integration background with skills in
- ETL Tools: Talend is preferred (any tool like Informatica or Talend)
- Working knowledge of agile software development and DevSecOps is required.
- AWS native solutions including API Gateway, S3, EC2, and Lambda is required.
- Data Modeling / Dimensional Modeling
- Shell Scripting
- Handling data at scale
- Operational & Maintenance (triage, troubleshoot and resolve production issues)
- Develop and Maintain required artifacts and documentation
- Deep knowledge of data Lake concepts, terminology, and architecture
- LINUX/UNIX experience is highly desirable
- Willingness to learn ANY new technology (Qlik, Big Data, AWS, etc.)
- Excellent team player, adaptable, collaborative, and can-do attitude
- Security+ certification (or willingness and ability to get certified within 30 days)
- Certification in either Oracle, AWS, Talend, or another computing environment preferred
- Knowledge of Talend ETL tool and PostgreSQL is desirable
- Knowledge of Army data is preferred
- Provide development support to the Scrum Master in an agile software development environment in AWS.
- Works as a key member of an AWS native solution software development team and works to identify risks and bottlenecks associated with big data environments.
- Develop and troubleshoot ETL jobs in the AWS Data Lake environment.
About NuWave Solutions
NuWave Solutions is a recognized leader in providing anticipatory intelligence and advanced data analytics to the defense, intelligence, and private sectors for over 20 years. Leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning methodologies, NuWave Solutions streamlines the Data-to-Decision lifecycle faster than traditional practices allowing clients to take action with confidence.
For more information on how NuWave Solutions supports its clients and builds upon success, please visit https://www.nuwavesolutions.com
Locations of Positions: Crystal City, VA
Travel Required (CONUS/OCONUS): CONUS
If Travel is required, how much? 5%
Work Schedule: Day Shift
Authorization to work in US is required
8570 Requirements: N/A
NuWave Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled