Senior Software Engineer Springfield, VA
Sr. Software Engineer
- Support customers in analyzing data using descriptive, exploratory, predictive, explanatory, and prescriptive methods with the creation of automation using the latest machine learning, business intelligence, search, and intelligent data technologies.
- Create and modify applications using Java, distributed processing, and web technologies as part of a broader development team.
- Research, design, develop, analyze, and modify Cloud-based enterprise-wide systems and applications software.
- Support the planning of system and development deployment and meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluate the interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of the overall system, identify optimizations, and convincingly communicate recommendations to customers and team.
- Provide expertise in the use of Cloud architectures and solutions to support software development in a DevOps environment.
- Leverage complete comprehension and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field and apply general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determine and provide analysis for approach to solutions.
- TS/SCI Clearance
- BS degree in CS, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Experience with distributed data processing architectures and frameworks, such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SOLR, Elastic Search, Kafka, Impala, and Cassandra
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), such as ECS, Lambda, and S3
- Experience in trouble-shooting very complex distributed environments, including following stack traces back to code and come up with a root cause
- Experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes, including document parsing techniques and managing large data sets, at multi-TB scale
- Experience with Oracle, Celect, Informatica, Cloudera, Javlin, and other Business Intelligence (BI) technologies a plus
- Applied statistics or data science experience a plus
- Location of Position: Springfield, VA
- Travel Required (CONUS/OCONUS): CONUS
- If Travel is required, how much? 5%
- Work Schedule: Day Shift
- NuWave Solutions is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Who We Are
NuWave Solutions is a leader in providing advanced technologies for Analytics and Data Management, and a passion for working with public sector customers and partners to enable innovative solutions for action through insight. Our unmatched technical expertise and dedication to teamwork and customer service enables us to help customers meet even the most complex business challenges and succeed on every engagement – with no exceptions and no excuses.