Software Engineer Columbia, MD
NuWave Solutions is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our cloud infrastructure predictive analytics team. This team is tasked with developing analytics to identify areas of concern in cloud infrastructure. This is a government-led project that has moved to an open-source project and work is primarily located at our corporate headquarters in Columbia, MD.
Because this is a research project, no technology stack is out of bounds, but a successful candidate will have experience in Java, Scala, and Python (or another scripting language).
Everything listed below is a plus, but not required. If you don’t know it, you can come here to learn it: Relational and NoSQL databases; MapReduce concepts; Streaming analytics; Elastic stack.
The existing full technology stack includes the above plus Fluentd, Ruby, Scala, Kubernetes, Docker, GKE, Postgres, AWS, Prometheus, TimescaleDB, Rook, Seph, Helm, Kubernetes, Ansible, Salt, and Puppet.
Why this work matters: As more processing moves to cloud architecture, there is a need to develop tools that can accurately predict issues within the infrastructure, and there is currently no framework to put these analytics in place. As an open-source project, there is the potential to positively affect countless systems.
• Active TOP SECRET Clearance; Preferably with FSP
• Degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or other relevant degree and/or equivalent experience)
• Strong consulting service skills including effective verbal and written communication
• Able to work independently and self-identify tasks
• Experience with analytics application design and development
• Familiar with Agile development methods
• Experience with Java , Scala, and Python (or other scripting language)
• Experience with any of the following is a plus: Relational and NoSQL databases; MapReduce concepts; Streaming analytics; Elastic stack.
• Collecting, analyzing documents, and business processes a plus
• Knowledge of front-end design and data visualization techniques and best practices
• Ability to interpret technical material to clients
Who We Are
NuWave Solutions is a leader in providing advanced technologies for Analytics and Data Management, and a passion for working with public sector customers and partners to enable innovative solutions for action through insight. Our unmatched technical expertise and dedication to teamwork and customer service enables us to help customers meet even the most complex business challenges and succeed on every engagement – with no exceptions and no excuses.
Location of Position: Columbia, MD 21046
Travel Required (CONUS/OCONUS): Local Travel
If travel is required, how much? 5%
Work Schedule (Shift etc.): Day Shift
NuWave Solutions is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability